exhaust pipe came loose from muffler.

Asked by Feb 27, 2014 at 01:01 PM about the 1993 Geo Metro 2 Dr LSi Convertible

I have a 1993 Geo Tracker that is having exhaust issues.  I plan on trading it in SOON, so I don't want to go to a lot of expense.  The exhaust pipe has rusted away from the muffler.  Any ideas on a quick, cheap fix?

Take it into a local muffler shop and ask them to do a quick repair and that you are trading it in on another. If there is enough good metal, they can weld it. If there is too much rust, you might be replacing parts. If one won't help, try another. Another scenario is trade it in with the broken pipe, depending on what the cost of repair is vs the amount you will get less in trade.

Also your local hardware store should sell steel tape you can use to seal it back up grant you this is not going to be the best fix just a quick one!