1992 Geo Metro Tranmission

Asked by Aug 24, 2015 at 06:24 PM about the 1992 Geo Metro 4 Dr LSi Hatchback

My 92 Metro has 45,000 original and runs great but occasionally it will act as if it's loosing gas and stutter. It's not the transmission because I slow down or put it in neutral and "clear" up and  keeps on running fine. It's been on the dianostic machine and there's no codes.....anybody got ideas.

Thanks

16,850

Try some general maintenance things first check air filter and clean throttle body replace fuel filter if have not done so in a while add Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner to gas tank.

145

I don't know the condition of your spark plugs and air filter and some people just don't run the Metro 3 cylinder hard enough.My experience working on these Metros [25years] tells me that about once a week to to throttle them up in the lower gears this helps to keep them clear of carbon in the combustion chambers. Add 1 can of seafoam gas mixture first. It's available at Advance and Auto Zone and WalMart Paul