1988 Lincoln Town car having trouble with windows and keyless entry system.Manual says the door lock assembly needs to be cleaned but doesnt tell you where it is, can you help? Also just bought and was last driven 3 yrs ago. When i start some times idle fine but other times revs up too high and have to shut off or put in gear and sometimes then ok or will rev up high after 10 sec. is there a sensor that is sticking that is causing this. Thanks RHO.

Asked by Oct 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM about the 1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I had a vehicle a few years back that did this same thing, I took it in and got a vacuum test done on it as well as a compression test and found out it was a vacuum hose leak within the air system. Once I replaced that hose it idled fine no matter what I did to it. The door lock assembly is within the door panel and it is just below where the door lock locks/unlocks.