I have a 1988 Lincoln Town Car and where the time & date comes up I am having a warning signal that the oil pressure is bad. It beebs when i am coming to a stop and then the message. Was checked before buying and they said was idling too low. I have changed oil and is leaking a little around plug. Mech said it was stripped and was ok but should be fixed at some time. Would this be the cause of the warning or is there a oil sensor unit that is not working and causing the problem warning. I don't think the idle is set too low. Thanks RHO

Asked by Nov 10, 2013 at 03:21 PM about the 1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature

The oil plug could cause a sensor issue and it would be best to replace it asap.

I changed out the oil plug and also put in a new oil pressure sending unit but the warning still keeps coming up. Do you have to reset the computer and how do you do that?