i have a leak on my cooler line fitting where it goes into the radiator, can anyone explain how to fix this problem? Ive looked at fitting they sell at auto parts stores but they don't look right or maybe i can't do it myself idk.

Asked by Feb 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM about the 1984 Lincoln Town Car Base

the cooler line fitting is leaking oil or trans idk which.

233,055

It's transmission fluid because the cooler is inside the radiator. Has the fitting cracked at the radiator, or is it just loose? Maybe sure you check your trans fluid, is it still red and not pink, you don't want coolant mixing. Make sure you keep the trans fluid at the correct level while you have the leak. How is your coolant, is that OK, and trans fluid isn't mixing in the radiator?

Hey tom the trans fluid is red/brown still probably a little old but i think the o ring inside the fitting is bad i don't really no it drips about every 10 secs or so, so it does not lose trans fluid too quickly. Anyway i just wouldn't no how to change this myself theres like some kinda clip or something that holds the high pressure line in the fitting its old school stuff lol.