I have a 1992 chrysler daytona iroc rt i bought new in Nova Scotia has 22000miles. The turbo makes a hissing noise but no power to the engine ,could it be the blow off valve faulty?

Asked by Jun 30, 2013 at 08:40 AM about the 1992 Dodge Daytona 2 Dr IROC R/T Turbo Hatchback

Canadian daytonas were Chryslers

4,955

Does it drive with normal power below about 1800rpm and does the manifold pressure gauge stay at vacuum? If yes, then you are losing most or all of your turbo pressure to somewhere other than the engines cylinders. Which could be your BOV stuck open, it can also mean the wastegate is stuck open so you don't get any actual turbo pressure due to it not spooling up.