i have a 1993 dodge daytona es 3.0 liter it has a hiss when driving or running everyone tells me its the egr valve and also were is the egr valve and egr plate located on this car

Asked by May 03, 2015 at 04:46 PM about the 1993 Dodge Daytona 2 Dr ES Hatchback

i have a 1993 dodge daytona es 3.0 liter it has a hiss when driving or running everyone tells me its the egr valve and also were is the egr valve and egr plate located on this car so i can clean the egr plate and ports and replace the egr valve .

Having trouble with this one. Everywhere I looked says the 3.0L in a '93 Daytona is a Mitsubishi engine. But this is what I could find, what the EGR looks like. But if you have good reason to think the EGR is what the 'hissing' is coming from.....I believe you, but any vacuum leak makes that same hiss

http://www.partsgeek.com/ymm/1993/dodge/daytona.html?category=air_intake&part=egr_valve

Is your CEL on? If so get an OBDII scan done and I bet you get a P0401 or 0403. If so its the EGR solenoid

po401 is a random misfire im not getting any codes accept airbag . not even a check engine light or anything just this damn hiss ..

if it was a vaccum leak i would over heat no over heating here has for that hiss i can put my ear next to the egr and it's whats hissing .