toyota pickup no start

Asked by Mar 06, 2015 at 06:42 PM about the 1987 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD 4WD Standard Cab SB

So over the past couple months ive been working on my 1987 4wd carb toyota pickup. I have rebuilt the engine replaced the starter, clutch, battery wires, and alternator.  Then two days ago my alternator went out again third one this year. I replace it runs fine till yesterday m engine cut out when i was slowing down so i pop the clutch and it starts back up and runs fine. This morning it starts and i drive to work less than three miles all is good till i park then it stalls didn't have time to work on it till after work. When i got off work i checked my grounds starter wires fuses all the usual stuff but it just spins slowly then clicks tried jumping it but no luck. If anyone has some ideas it would be really appreciated.
thanks

44,425

Sounds like your battery has had it. If it's the battery that came with the truck and you have no idea how old it is, I would get a new one. If your truck turned over really slow and then just clicked, that's a sure sign of a dead battery. If over 5 years old, it should be replaced. You may also have low water or a dead cell. All it takes is for a battery to sit around for a while without use, and sometimes they will go bad. Especially if you live in a cold climate state. If the battery is really spent, the vehicle will not start even with a jump.