1992 toyota pickup No power at all.

Asked by Jun 27, 2010 at 09:50 PM about the 1992 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe Extended Cab SB

I have a 92 toyota pickup that has no power going to anything.  Battery has 13.12V, engine ground is good, no fuses blown, headlights wont power on, dome light in the cab wont come on even tho i leave it to off.  Ignition turned to acc or on wont light up the instruments.  Anyone got any ideas?

90

i have the same problem only ,i have a 2001 4runner.all fuses are good and i have 12.56v on a brand new battery. i had a clicking sound in my head lamp relay,without the key in the ignition. it went on for a while ,then it stopped.checked out the relay and there were no burned or melted parts .

30

I have a 1993 toyota pickup 4wd and I noticed that the fuse box goes right to the battery so check the (wire that goes from the battery to the fuse box) and also replace the battery cable and fittings.

265

There is a plastic protector that runs across the frame under the alternator ! Sometimes the main power wire corrodes in here and causes problems ! I have fixed it once already on my 90' .

540

1990 Toyota 4x4, key on, no power ,no dash lights, no radio, headlights come on, just no power in the cab, help please

80

I have a 1992 Toyota PU 2WD that has power to everything excecpt it will not turn over. Push start and it runs great. Looks like someone before me has hacked the ignition wiring under the dash so I replaced the ignition harnes and still nothing. Ideas?

20

I had that problem once. It was something called the " Fusible Link ". It's part of the wire harness and it will be a fat taped up section of the cable. Inside the taped are is a link and when it goes there's no power any where. You'll have to find where yours is located and check it out.