1990 toyota pickup v6 wont start when warm

Asked by Nov 27, 2012 at 09:49 PM about the 1990 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe 4WD Standard Cab SB

i have a 1990 toyota 4x4 pickup. v6. it runs really good MOST of the time but some times after
warming it up completely, then turning it off and trying to start it within an hour,after shutting it off, it
will slowly idle down until it dies. then it wont start for up to 2 hours after. unless i disconnect the mass
air flow sensor. then it will idle and if i ease the throttle i can rev it. do i need a new mass air flow
sensor? or am i covering up the problem when i disconnect it?

6,625

Have you checked the idle air controller? They do fail like this sometimes...