i have a dodge durango 99 and we want to know how to disable the security system it is a factory one and we will be going down the road and everything shuts down and the light security comes on

Asked by May 05, 2013 at 10:59 AM about the 1999 Dodge Durango 4 Dr SLT 4WD SUV

the car is going off and the security light comes on i want to know how to disable the
security system we will be going down the free way and everything shuts down and the
light comes it is a factory security system we don't have the key that is programed

you need to get it fixed not disable it. you say you dont have a key that is programmed that is most likely the problem. get a key and get it programmed. If you go messing with the system you are more likely to screw something up and then you will be out more money and then the vehicle may not even run.

Sigurður Guðmundsson

if you have a key that is not programmed you would not get your Durango started, believe me I have one extra key that is not programmed and the truck won´t run when I try it. Part of the door lock system is routed trough the Central Timer Module which controls and communicates with the door lock system, anti theft system and other convenience systems. Testing of the CTM is best done by a technician with a scan tool and diagnostic read out box. You can try to read it your self with the key thing, that is you put your ignition key in to the ignition and turn it fast from of to on 3 times leaving it in on position and the code should appear in your dash board where the odo is. Then you can go to this site to what that PO code means: http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm But I would take it to a professional for this one.

Sigurður Guðmundsson

There are different PCM´s for trucks that don´t have the alarm system. So it is not as simple as turning it of you need to get this one fixed.

Nikki Leonard

This just happened to me. The only way I was able to get it to turn off was to unlock the trunk. It stopped the alarm from going off, and Let me drive away.

Their is a peace on the back of your driver side door that you can pop off it's blue with a peace that spins in the middle u can twist the inside an it will disarm the alam

It's located inside the door on the backside of the locking harness

Alesha Blake

Look the previous owner to my 1999 Dodge Durango committed suicide in her vehicle and I just happened to buy it from a tow yard daily key they had was a brass key without the security mechanism and I don't have the money for $85 for a new key what do I do

it is not a security key.. most of these models have the door mechanism. there is a problem with the original factory parts.. there are three. Driver, PAssenger and Tailgate. The CTM is also an issue and if you have an open ground you will have all sorts of problem. Experience with a 2000 Durango SLT 4.7L.. When it rains, it still has trouble disarming but it eventually does. Replace TCM and ECU and CTM. still has issue. Something in driver's door.

Same problem here with my 99 Durango, local shop is gonna try to program a Ready remote for me,doesnt start