2013 jeep grand cherokee water sloshing sound & 12" water spot on front passenger side?

10

Asked by Feb 23, 2014 at 09:28 AM about the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

What could this water noise &wet carpet be coming from when I stop & start?

101,385

Does it not have a smell or smell like wet socks? A stopped up drain hose from your ac evaporator core could cause this. Does it smell like anti-freeze? If so could be leaking heater core.

10

No odor, picked up Jeep Feb 18 2014 from dealer.Weather has been cold all winter, temps warmed up in the 40. Degrees range since then you can hear the sound of ice water sloshing under the passenger seat. Carpet is soaked near the floor mat hooks.

140

Check the Battery Compartment - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, purchased January 24th - less than 400 miles. It appears there are a lot of 2014 Jeeps with leak issues - We heard water sloshing on the passenger front side - couldn't determine if it was in the door well or under the passenger seat. Went straight home and starting researching on-line and came across a posting with description of a 2014 jeep purchased also in Jan same issues. We pushed the passenger front seat foward, opened the rear passanger door, took out the floor mats and opened the battery compartment - YES, water in the battery compartment. We took the car to the dealership the next day, the dealership said they had never heard of this... all they had to do was look on-line. I shared with them the posting from this site in which they stated they would have their water leak specialists take a look at it. Their water leak specialist stated the leak was around the cowl area(?), sealed it and repaired per Chryslers guidelines. Called Crysler and continue to work with the dealership on the fact we have lost all confidence of feeling like we purchased a vehicle that will offer us reliability in the short term much less long term - a water leak issue after two weeks of purchase is unacceptable. Dealership and Chyrsler are empathetic but that's it; as you can imagine, the amount of $ we paid....empathy via lip service doesn't make us feel any better.

101,385

Thanks for the insight on this issue shoestring.

I had the same exact problem with my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. I live in Los Angeles and it barely rains here but after a few days of what wasn't even heavy rain, I ended up with a puddle of water in my battery compartment and a soaked carpet on the passenger side. I've upgraded my sound system and now my amp wiring is all messed up. I'm starting to second guess my decision in purchasing the car and it's reliability.

20

I just brought my 2012 GC overland in for 3rd time with this issue. The dealer said windshield was leaking so I replaced. 2 days later water sloshing under passenger seat. Returned to dealer who then said the firewall seal was leaking. So they fixed the seal. I just picked it up Saturday only to return this morning (monday) with water again sloshing under the seat. The dealer seems to think I've created this problem. It's frustrating to say the least. Exploring my next option....

10

I'm having the same issue with my 2012 JGC Laredo. This after 2 weeks worth of my vehicle was at the dealer for recalls, stalling, electrical problems etc. I don't think but know that this was a bad purchase. It is sad that the 2014 and 2015 JGC are having the same numerous problems that my 2012 has. The dealers/manufactures keep ignoring the issues and acting like they didn't build a lemon but they have. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to my worst enemy.

10

Same issue. 2012 JGC Laredo but on driver side. Hopefully someone files a class action. I know I would join after $100 to clean the AC line. I am sure there is some safety hazard. Hopefully someone doesn't have to get hurt to get Chrysler to recall and fix. I know I won't ever buy a Chrysler again!

I purchased a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2012 and one month after purchase had the rear tail light assembly replaced due to water inside the assembly. I now (Sept/2014) have water pouring into the rear cargo area due to a ripped rubber plug around a wire bundle at the top of the rear body above the rear gate. The vehicle was inspected by Chrysler Service Contracts, who denied coverage for a rubber part that has some how been damaged. The problem with trying to repair this, is that the rubber plug is a permanent part of a $1700.00 dollar wire harness that runs the length of the vehicle. Jeep designed these two rubber plugs that are situated at the top of the rear body where the rear lift gate attaches to the body so that they are not replaceable unless you replace the entire wire harness! The amount of water that gets into the body of the vehicle through this damaged plug is quite large and the customer is left to their own devices to repair it because the Chrysler Service Contract won't cover it and you can possibly void your Life Time Warranty if you do the repairs yourself. So, the bottom line is folks, check these two rubber plugs above the rear gate hinges for possible water intrusion points.

I purchased a 2013 GC jeep every time it rains I hear water sloshing around on passenger side. Took it to dealer asked them to check it out they totally ignored the problem and said they could not hear anything. I returned to dealer after a heavy rain with sloshing noise same answer was ignored again. NO MORE JEEPS FOR ME OR CHRYSLERS!!!!!! No more vehicles from Reedman Toll!!!!!!

Same issue. 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland but on driver side.

I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that had leaks appearing in the battery compartment and the spare tire compartment. The leak in the battery compartment was caused by one of the holes for the roof rail. I removed the rail and filled all holes with silicone before replacing the rail. This fixed it. After extensive searching on my part, I have located the leak associated with the water in the spare tire compartment. I knew it had to be related to the sunroof as the headliner was getting wet at the back corners. I've discovered that there are not one, but two drain holes on each side at the rear of the sunroof track. Only once drain hose is connected on each side. The additional drain hole on both sides is completely open and water freely flows through it whenever it rains or your wash your vehicle. I have an appointment with my dealership to hopefully get this resolved. I plan on having them replace my stained headliner as well.

10

Easy fix. Under both the driver and passenger seat under the car are drain plugs. You will have two on the passenger side and one under the drivers side. Pull the pigs off and the water comes pouring out. Terrible design by this car maker.