2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Water Leak

70

Asked by Jan 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM about the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I have been hearing a swishing
sloshing sound of water on my
passenger side of my Jeep. I looked at
forums but none had photos of how to
release the A/C or how to undo the
floor boards or what ever I needed to
do. Please help. I am a novice to car
work but want to do it myself to save
some cash.

Thanks.

there are images of how to clean the evaporator drain tube~ accessing....~

peel back the carpeting near the heater box to reveal a bung that they want you to use a 1/4 drill and a straighted coat hanger to clean this drain~

picture~

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t15849_ds556417

70

Where is the heater box? Passenger side? Driver? I got the carpet back but don't see a what that photo looks like. A little lost. But thanks for responding.

2,035

Pasengers side

70

So this is what I see is a red tube coming out by the electronic switchs on passenger side. Don't know how to post photos. Anyone ok with giving me there email and I can send photos of what I have.

70

I do not see just a black plug to where I need to drill.

19,735

you wouldn't hear sloshing from the amount in that area I would guess, have you checked the rad for complete coolant fill, revving the engine and low water will swoosh it thrue the heater and sound as water sloshing,

70

Coolent levels and brake fluid are perfectly fine. The sound only happens when I brake and come to a stop the passenger side door board are wet as well. Just don't know how to get in there and what to do. I got the carpet pulled back but don't know what to do next. Not slot of threads for 2011 Jeeps. And the dealership wants to do a sprinkler test...f-%& that.

70

Turns out it was water that was sitting in the under floorboard of the body. Sound went away once that was cleaned up and removed. It could have been that snow had melted and got into my floor and down to the well but for now I am happy. Thank you all. I still didn't see the house drain tube?

140

CHECK THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, purchased January 24th - less than 400 miles. We heard water sloshing on the passenger front side - couldn't determine if it was in the door well or under the passenger seat. Went straight home and starting researching on-line and came across another posting that described the same thing, we followed their lead and pushed the passenger front seat foward, opened the rear passanger door, took out the floor mats and opened the battery compartment - YES, water in the battery compartment. We took the car to the dealership the next day, the dealership said they had never heard of this... all they had to do was look on-line. I shared with them the posting from the NHTSA site. They stated they would have a water leak specialists take a look at it. Their water leak specialist stated the leak was around the cowl area(?), sealed it and repaired per Chryslers guidelines. Called Crysler and continue to work with the dealership on the fact we have lost all confidence of feeling like we purchased a vehicle that will offer us reliability in the short term much less long term - a water leak issue after two weeks of purchase is unacceptable. Dealership and Chyrsler are empathetic but that's it; as you can imagine, the amount of $ we paid....empathy via lip service doesn't make us feel any better.

it is water leaking from snow accumulating on the passenger door when you open it! funny enough it does not evaporate as the weather changes? I am unhappy that this is where jeep placed the battery for the get go but now it is a hazard!!!!! water and battery just don't go well....