I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT and have lost power to the AC portion on the center console. I have checked everything I can think of. Not sure HOW or WHY I have NO power to this section? Anyone else have this problem?

Asked by Sep 09, 2014 at 09:51 AM about the 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

My car sat for about three weeks and when I got the chance to finally start it the check engine light was on and the car would NOT shift out of low; luckily I found two bad fuses in the rear fuse box; changed those all is well with that ~ HOWEVER I have NO power to the lower part of the console for the air conditioning section.  I have pulled every fuse in both fuse boxes; none bad.  I have also tried changing some of the relays in both fuse boxes for another Magnum I have and STILL HAVE NO POWER TO THIS SECTION OF THE CENTER CONSOLE.   YES, I did pull off the center console cover to insure it just did not come unplugged.   ANY SUGGESTIONS?????"

33,465

I'm wondering if critters didn't get in and make a temporary home in there.

I went over the engine and internal dash area and can see NO indication of that happening. However there surely something I cannot see.

4,525

Check the fan resistor? Also check the voltage coming off the alternator at idle and at RPM. You might be overcharging if you had two blown fuses and that can mess a lot. The A/C head unit is a known weak spot in the system and it's possible it's just fried. You can replace it with units from a 06 or 07, they are all the same although the controls look slightly different.

Thanks Norm, I'll see what I can figure out!