I have a dodge magnum rt 2007 and it turns off?

Asked by Feb 02, 2014 at 11:32 PM about the 2007 Dodge Magnum R/T

I have a magnum R/T 07. when i stop on a red light it vibrates and it turns off why is that i
bearly got it from team nissan is it a big deal should i returned the car back.

2,165

any engine light? also make sure all accessory lights are working, so when you first turn your keys to the start position look at all the lights to make sure they are all there. some people/places are known for pulling fuses or unplugging things to get it the car gone...not saying that about your car just better safe then sry.. hope this helps

4,525

Stalling at a red light can be due to many things. The Hemi is a reliable engine but very sensitive to bad gas, water in the gas, vapor canister clog, or "over-topping off" the tank. (Never do this on a Magnum). Check the OBD code, maybe the car just needs a tune-up.

2,165

agree with Norm..

20

hey just saw this post, crazy 05 dodge magnum and i have the same issue! liek once every 3 months i stop at a red light on a slight hil and the car just goes off. very weird. to the one who asked the question its not a sensor or anything its a fklaw in this car there are many other small things that are worng im not going to list them all now.

4,525

If you haven't replaced the gas tank, get it done. Stalling on a hill, or stalling after filling up, are the symptoms of a bad Stant valve in the fuel tank of all Hemi-equipped cars. Gas pours into the vapor recovery system and floods the engine. Chrysler is replacing the tanks, under warranty, so call your local dealer, tell them the car stalls after filling up or on hills, and they will do the work free.

20

thanks,

10

Hello i have a dodge magnum n i have been having that same problem for two years i went to the dodge dealership several times and spent over 1500 bucks and guess what it still was doing it i tried warming it up and it still did it smh soo i switched my gas to premium (93) and i haven't had that problem since i hope this helps u save tons of time n money

20

Hello, I have a 07 magnum R/t and original owner, had the same issue with the stalling and jerking at red lights and stop signs from day one, went to dealer several times for fuel system cleaning, TB cleaning, CP reset, problem came back about every 2-3 weeks so after researching with friends and some other hemi owners they told me to try having my TB ported so I did problem solved no more stalling and jerking since June 2008

20

Contact Dodge in Michigan request Magnum Recall Gastank! or Call Bill 910-907-0669

Hi there, i bought dodge charger hemi and was working fine until i drove it in the highway. It shut off out of no where and since then it has not turned on. It had a bad computer as well and replaced it in the dealer. The dealer programmed it and what happens right now is that when i turn it on, it only lasts for 3 seconds on. I have changed the fuel pump and no luck. What do you guys think it is the problem? i bought today a Fuse for the pump and a Fuel pump relay. I will put it on once I get out of work.

20

possible fuel tank problem ,see your dealership there is a recall ! or warranty factory..

10

I figured it out if you have a remote start on you car get it removed the wiring and everything get it all removed you car starts from your remote start memory meaning the bad shut off memory will always be what it starts off I removed my custom remote start and I've never had that problem again ever!!!

20

I own a 2007 Dodge Magnum 2.7. Freaking car shuts off when we come to a stop or red light ghis is getting old replaced the throttle body and MAP sensor. Cleaned the intake port donto oil and gunk inside. Ghe previous ownera never changed their KM filter fillty.i have sxanned it at dealer zhip and pep boys and firestone no one can find anything wrong. Tired with ghis car and we just purchaseded it 2 months ago. My thkng is i hearbthe transmission has a shut if sensore when the oil is low or dirty my car has 165000 miles,does this trans have this and could this probably bemy issue.

20

Well driving on Saturday to Downtown L.A. and on the freeway my car stalls have to pull over on the emergency lane. , had the family in the car not a good feeling , got the car started and drove out the freeway and since k had my code reader i hooked it up and fimally got a code P0404 EGR valve so on Sunday a replaced it and i can saynit was a freaking headache you cant test them because they are electronic , after i removed everything i cleaned the Intake manifold and around the hose conections filthy with oil gunk i need to go back and do anithrr cleaning . Drove the car today and. No problems fingers crossed .