My 2006 Dodge Stratus (40,000 miles) is leaking a lot of oil. Low Oil pressure light blinks for less than a second every once in a while. Brought it to be checked out, and was intially told it was probably a from seal leak, but am now being told after getting charged $115 for a diagnostic, that the leak appears to be from the Head Gasket. The place that I brought it to said they do not do that type of work and recommeded I bring it somewhere else. There was some dripping under the car but no smoke out of exhaust or noticeable deterioration in peformance in car. Any thoughts?

Asked by Jan 05, 2015 at 11:55 AM about the 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT

Could be bad or plugged oil pump. The leak could be a bad oil pan gasket or bad crank seal. Some of these Dodges are notorious for being bad cars. Look up consumer complaints. If I were you, I would trade it in. You shouldn't have problems like you're having at 40k. I would take it as a sign of more bad things to come. My sister had a Stratus and it was a maintenance nightmare.

I have a Stratus and it's a maintenance nightmare. The only reason I'm keeping it is because I fix it myself and it's my girlfriend's car. Dawal, I would recommend not throwing too much money at this car. I would recommend getting the head gasket job done only if the rest of the car is top notch.