I have a 1999chyrsler ciruis and motor was under water and can't get spark

Asked by Sep 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM about the 1999 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

If it was flooded it is best just to total it out, especially if it has sat for any length of time, bearing damage has begun, corrosion has started in the wiring harnesses. But if your intent on getting it going I suggest you get a shop manual with wiring diagrams and component locator, and start with cleaning all of the connectors and replacing those that have corrosion, next start checking each sensor and activator motor, again replacing those that have signs of corrosion or just don't work, this is a very time consuming job and once you get it all done there is still no sign you will have a good engine, transmission,etc. Then there i the braking system, water reeks havoc with ABS systems, it may also have to be replaced. I know I would not want tackle a job like this.

wow- shoes spent a lot of time explaining why a 21st Century car under water is a total write-off aka JUNK

Don't you mean a 20th century car.