The Vent Blowers And the electric windows on my 1995 chrysler cirrus no longer function, both a/c and heat. my fuse box reports a handful of inoperable fuses when tested even after replacing them please read for further details this is an extremley confusing problem to me.

Asked by May 29, 2007 at 08:12 PM about the 1995 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LX Sedan

i was troubleshooting to try aqnd figure out what the problem was after replacing all the fuses, i realized that it wasn't going to fix my issue, when i test the connectors without the fuses plugged in my fuse tester doesnt light up. it acts as if theirs no power going to the box. so i took off the panel underneath the steering wheel column and unplugged the 12 volt plug going to the box and tested all connectors and it lit up. so i grabbed a r.c cable wire and stripped two ends, i plugged one end into the 12 volt plug and plugged it back into the fuse box, i now have a wire hanging from the side of my dash, so i turned on the car and grabbed the other end of the wire and sparked it into the circuit breaker in number 19 slot. and to my surprise the blowers turned on instantly, their was a/c - fan and heat and i was able to roll my windows up and down. this is just a quick fix for ventilation as it's like 90 degree's outside but the wire gets hot fast and swells up so i can only use it to roll the window down or up and get teased with the short lived a/c. i cant figure out for the life of me what the problem is. what could be causing this, i changed the ciruit breaker as well and i also changed relays.

everything in the car worked fine, i let it sit outside for about 4-5 months during the winter without driving it starting it occasionaly and one day after i started it, the blowers werent working so i couldnt defrost my windows, the power locks worked and the windows rolled down. then one window stopped going down.. then two.. then the power locks stopped working.. somehow after sparking the circuit breaker for the first time it fixed my power locks, only i have to press up twice to unlock the passenger side. if i press once only the drivers side unlocks. lol .. but none the less the power locks are funtionable. their is also a winding motor sound occasionaly if i hold the button down or up for the power locks.. im scared the electric problem is just going to get worse.. im hoping this catches somebodys attention to help pinpoint the problem.

mechanic told me he would charge me 60$ an hour for diagnostic tests and cant guarantee he'll find out the problem in the first day.. and i dont have that kind of money to spend on a 1995 chrysler cirrus.

thank's for your time
- Shawn.

29,685

I would get a Chilton or Haynes manual. It will help you diagnose the issue, but honestly, it may be worth the $60 to have the mechanic hook it up to the comp and tell you what the issue is. See if he will just hook it up and give you the code.

yeh i doubt they would let me do anything.. i took it to another mechanic yesterday, it's 80$ an hour, but he said he thinks it's the ignition key lock causing a problem because im jumping it from the ciruit, he told me to jiggle the key around to see if it fixes it .. im like dude what the.... i know what he's talking about, but i highly doubt that's the issue.

180

could be in egnition ,also sounds like one really bad ground wire someplace ,check wirering to starter also,and some times posts in the fuse box burn out

10

The power windows and heater blower motor receive power through a contact on the ignition switch. Check that switch, or replace it, especially if you notice anything funny with the ignition key that requires you to wiggle it for removal etc. Also, the 2nd connector near the top of the multiple plug in panel near the left front kick panel carries the power for the blower motor also. It is the smaller connector about 1 inch in width and holds the black wire and/or black with orange stripe relating to the blower motor power supply. That panel could have a problem, but the ignition switch is probably the first thing to replace or swap out, because it has been known to cause a failure of both the blower motor and the power window circuit.