1996 chrysler cirrus change a bad fuel injector and now the engine revs out when starting without even giving it any gas...can anyone help

Asked by Jun 17, 2007 at 12:35 AM about the 1996 Chrysler Cirrus

1996 chrysler cirrus . had a bad fuel injector changed and replaced car was running good but still had a fuel leak at one of the injectors so replaced all orings .put everything back together and no more leaks but the engine revs out when started without even giving it any gas

31,605

Check the fuel system pressure after having the pump replaced.

10

i know this is an old post but make sure you hooked up you egr tube to the intake manifold, if its not sealed at the intake or the egr valve it will suck air and the o2 sensors will pick up the extra air and to keep the air fuel ratio correct your injectors will squirt more gas causing your motor to rev. ive had this happen to me once, i forgot to bolt the egr tube to the intake manifold and it revved like crazy as soon as i started it,