Engine stop after running a while.

Asked by Nov 24, 2015 at 12:45 PM about the 1999 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

I have been told that my Chrysler Cirrus 1999 need to change a gasket. It seems that the engine oil get over the spark plug and cause the engine to stop. I let it rest for a while and the engine start OK but after a while the problem comes again. I was told that a gasket need to be change and the cost of that gasket is around $ 35.00 But... there could be as much as $ 2,000 in cost to replace this gasket.
Where is this gasket located and is it true that there could be as much as $ 2,000.00 to replace a gasket.
Thank you for your help.

65,335

That would be a head gasket and yes it does cost quite a bit to replace due to all the labor. If you got that $2,000 price from a dealer, get another price from a good independent shop and you may save a good bit.