What is causing my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXI to have to have the battery charged then run briefly but be dead again after sitting for awhile?

55

Asked by Feb 09, 2012 at 04:53 AM about the 2000 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

My battery light had been coming on off and on for awhile. Then my car wouldnt start. A jump did the trick a couple of times. Then it got to where I had to put a charger on my battery. A couple of months ago I had the starter bendix replaced and battery was tested okay. Now my car is in the shop again for the alternator. I have shorts in my car since I bought it in April 2008. The door locks will click on and off and the left one of the two light bulbs between the visors wouldnt go off without slamming my doors or me clicking on the button several times. Also, the alarm/horn would go on and off for no reason sometimes. I was told by a friend it very well could be my alarm system causing the short out and my battery to drain.

195

the battery light indicates a problem with the charging system and if the battery has tested ok the alternator is the most likely problem. the alarm could be the cause of the other problems but a good auto electrician should be able to wok out if its the problem fairly quickly.

30

on my 2000 Chrysler cirrus the buzzer goes off and the door locks click

20

Why do my alternator don't want to charge