Why did my "AIR BAG" light suddenly come on one day, is still on, and my horn doesn't work. Forgive me if I sound like a rookie here, but I've never had this happen before.

65

Asked by Jul 23, 2014 at 08:48 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi Convertible

'AIR BAG' light came on, horn stopped working, and is still an issue.

First of all, The Air Bag light can be as simple as one of the seat belt connections, or the weight sensor in the passenger seat. It's really nothing to worry about, but any shop can run the scanner and see what exactly is the issue. Secondly, check the fuses for the horn, that's most likely your problem.

Best Answer Mark helpful
4,085

Do other steering wheel functions work? Cruise controls, horn, radio controls on rear of wheel for example. This would indicate a connection failure for these systems in the column, likely in the "clock spring". The air bag light warns of a non function status if remaining lit after system check at startup. Remember there are 2 bags, and sensors up front behind the bumper. Lets hope for a simple connection issue, the vehicle will not pass inspection with the srs light on or a non functioning horn. Cheers.

65

There is a popping noise sometimes when I'm turning the steering wheel, but other than the horn and the air bag light being on, nothing really seems amiss. I'll just have it checked by my mechanic tomorrow when I take me car in. I was hoping to do it myself- it wouldn't be the first time I do work on my vehicles, but right about now, a visit to the mechanic seems worth the money, especially since my mechanic is awesome. Thank you so much for all of your advice.

50

The airbag sensor under the passenger seat of my 2004 Sebring convertible was hanging loosely, so I taped it securely to the under- frame . . . and the airbag light turned off.

Air bag light always come on for a while

Air bag light, no cruise control could be clock spring failure.

70

Hi, I have a 2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible and my airbag light kept blinking on and off yesterday and now it just stays on also my CD changer lights keeps bling as well. Help!

10

Thanks *Migration htrd holly*. on my 2006 sebring conv touring, it only has the yellow electrical connector, under the passenger seat. I assume its the weight sensor. it has a black push in type black piece. Same type as used to secure door panels to the door, I just pushed that into the seat frame hole. The yellow connector wasn't hanging very loose, but the airbag sensor light isn't on anymore!