why does my 2001 chrysler lhs, 3.5 run hot?

25

Asked by Dec 01, 2014 at 10:55 PM about the 2001 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

i can drive for a couple of days and it does fine,but sometimes the gauge will jump from
normal to 3 quarters of the way to the red line and then it slowly moves to the hot
range.help.

67,445

If you are not loosing fluid from radiator,then check the radiator, fan,s and make sure there working right,could be bad fan relay,or check thermostat and water pump.

25

i changed thermostat. i was getting heat,but now its stopped.i called chrysler,but they have no recalls.with all the people on internet complaining about the same engine overheating why hasnt chrysler done something to fix this problem.it has me stumped.could a sensor be causing problem?????????? thanks george

67,445

A bad tempreture sending unit,can cause this,wrong reading on guage,but i would check the temp with a meter,to make sure car is not actually running warm,if it is not running warm with the meter and is with car guage,it will be the sending unit,but if it is actually warm,then check the water pump.

25

tyhanks .ill let you know what i find.