Start a new Chrysler LHS question.my 1999 chrysler lhs has a new starter and wont start

Asked by Sep 28, 2015 at 06:45 PM about the 1999 Chrysler LHS

my 1999 chrysler lhs has a new starter and wont start

40,485

Do you mean that you turn the key and all it does is click, or there's absolutely no sound at all?

Best Answer Mark helpful
40,485

Mjh3465, if you're turning the key and getting a click, I would test your battery for proper voltage with a volt meter. If it reads less than 11.8 volts, I would replace your battery. If battery tests good, clean your terminals and grounds and try to start it again. If it still fails to start, you may have a bad neutral safety switch. Here's a video on some tests to try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpPOcO6f798