99 chrysler LHS wont start.

15

Asked by Feb 08, 2015 at 07:30 PM about the 1999 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

ive gota 99 chrysler lhs was driving down the road car just dies. when trying to start it
again itkeeps cranking like no fuel is in it. any ideas?

39,835

Bad fuel pump or bad fuel pump relay. Have someone turn the key to accessory. Put your ear to the fill hole after removing gas cap. Can you hear the fuel pump hum? If not, replace relay. If still no hum, replace fuel pump.

15

it hums as soon as i turn the key

39,835

Well that's good. It may be the crank position sensor or you may have broken the timing belt. Can you open the timing cover enough to see if the belt is still on?

15

would you hear it break?

39,835

No. When they break the engine just quits. But I have had them break on me before and you can tell because when you turn over the engine it sounds different. At least on my Toyota....I meant to say Cam position sensor in the above post.

15

yeah i just goton it then 5 mins later car just shuts off

15

is it possible the fuel pumps bad even if it kicks on?

39,835

Will the car start when it's cold? Has it been dying on you, or is this the first time?

39,835

The only way to tell is to put a pressure tester on your car and see what readings you get. Usually when the pump goes, it's just flat dead.

15

this is first time. and it wont start cold.