How can I get my 2008 Sebring Convertible trunk to close after the top has been put up?

100

Asked by Jul 08, 2013 at 11:41 PM about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible

We were putting the top up on our 2008 Sebring Convertible.  The car was in park and I
put it in gear in the middle of the top going up.  THe top went all the way up, but the trunk
and the cover that goes over the top when down will not go back into place.  The cover is
now pushing against the window instead of going back into the trunk and the trunk is
stuck opened.

100

My mechanic is disconnecting the battery to reset the computer. What if that doesn't work? He didn't see to sure that it would work...

9,035

the dealer can use the starscan scanner to close the truck. Ive had to do this before.

50

What ever happened with your convertible top? Did you need to replace any parts?

120

I am having the same problem. The top will go up and down, however the trunk lid will not close after it does. What did anyone do to solve the problem? Naturaly, the dealer wants me to spend 1,200 dollars to replace the cover table motor.

70

Hey Adam did you ever get that top fixed?

70

Or Glenda how about you,did you ever find out how to fix you convertible top?

30

Go to the each side there is a locking pin. You will find it by wiggling the trunk it is the only area holding the trunk. You must pull both pins to unlock . Takes some wiggle. Then the trunk should alow you to open the normal way. You must push the pins back up so it re locks or it won't close. I currently don't have pictures but it's simply a locking pin on both sides.

70

If i send you a picture could u tell me. Like the truck is closing but the top wont latch on...like it went dead or something

20

Did anyone figure this out ? I refilled my 2008 sebring hydraulic fluid now the trunk on both sides where it is connected to the car won’t latch. I can pull the trunk up it’s not attached what happened . It worked before. All I can think of is when we released the value on the hydraulic pump something happened , we done that because the trunk was stuck open before we refilled the hydraulic fluid .....

Did you ever get it fix?