2004 knock sensor code engine light! Does it need to be fixed car is running ine lt has been on for 3k mi. is not knocking abnormally for this engin,

Asked by May 19, 2012 at 01:32 PM about the 2004 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible

Ligyt came on, I have reset it twice put in additive or knocking, light comes back on in teb to twenty miles.  Car has
always knocked thanks Chrysler ugh!   Light has been on 3k miles car drives fine do I need to fix this? Am I hurting
the engin? 78k miles always babied change oil every 3 to 4 k with mobile 1.  

228,945

Your not hurting the engine, but your probably getting worse gas mileage and putting more hydrocarbons in the atmosphere. Have the cars computer scanned for the codes with a scan tool? The Check engine light/SES will mean something in the emmissions sensors is not working correctly. But resetting the computer, it will turn off the light for awhile, but the code is still there stored in memory. Sensors like an EGR, a nd vacuum leaks, Oxygen sensors can all be possibilities. Don't throw parts at the car, get it diagnosed. This way, you will know exactly what is wrong, and what you need to correct the issue to get your vehicle running smooth again. Good Luck!