Wet carpet on the passenger side. Any idea what could be leaking?

25

Asked by Sep 14, 2007 at 05:09 PM about the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica Base AWD

The carpet on the passenger side is soggy wet, however, the carpet around the perimeter and under the dash on that side is not wet.  The only wet spot other than underneath the floor mat appears to be near the passenger door.  Is the door leaking?

44,605

Certainly sounds like the door seals are leaking. You don't have a sunroof, do you? Sometimes those get clogged and leak into the interior. You may need to call someone like Rain Doctor and have it leak-proofed.

70

I am having the same problem I've had it back to the dealer 4 times and they still have not fixed it's driving me crazy because now it smells like mold. and I had my door seal replaced and it was not that and some black box under dash resealed. It rained today and again I have a puddle on the floor. I'm going to get out the hose and start from the bottom and work my way up to try to figure it out. why the dealer couldn't I don't know. I will post back if I figure it out just to help anyone else cause this is driving me crazy.

230

Hi, since no one posted back, I will let you know that I had a similar problem in my used 2004 Pacifica at about 61,000 miles the passenger side floor was wet. I took it in and the service dept. found that on of the plastic drain tubes from the A/C that runs under the floor on the passenger side had become brittle over time and started cracking. This allowed condensation from the A/C to back up into the car and appeared as a leak on the floor. They had to replace the drain tube to stop the leak.

20

It seems that your passenger deals are leaking so your carpet is wet. If you have a sunproof, check it if it is clogged

20

30

I have the same problem with my Pacifica, only it is the driver's side. I removed the carpet and it was soaked. Then, I put it through the car wash, including under body spray, and no leaks. What baffles me is, only the well of the floor is wet. No sign of wet around the firewall, tranny housing, or door sill.

20

Kendall did you figure out what it was? My car is doing the same, drivers side, floor only wet. Fogging up my Windows with condensation when the temps outside rise.

30

I have a similar problem. It happens in all seasons, not just air conditioning season. When it rains, the front passenger floor is soaked. The harder it rains, the bigger the puddle inside the car. We do have a sun roof. However while we are driving in the rain, we have never seen a leak from the sun roof, the windshield or the door. We cannot find where the water is coming from. If it was the air conditioner condensation line, wouldn't that mean we would have to be using the air conditioner? Or can that collect water and leak if it were plugged or brittle from rain water? We've been putting up with this for years and would love to get it figured out! She's a good car other than that leak.

10

Water leak drivers side - the water on the driver side floor comes from a leak at the far ends of the cowl originally sealed with putty-like substance. (2007-08).The seams rust form a hole and need to be resealed. I just had mine serviced and the dealer knew exactly where to look for the leaks from other Pacificas they have worked on with the same problem. The repair was $380 to clean and reseal the areas. I had driven around with a wet driver side carpeting for a year and it was beginning to smell. I lifted the carpeting, sprayed it down with bleach water, and dried it out with a portable heater. The musty car smell is gone and the carpeting is dry.

10

The water is draining in down the windshield under the black molded plastic piece the runs horizontal at the bottom of the windshield. I have a 2008 pacifica and this is the 2nd time I'll have to replace this part. Passenger side of car is a puddle. This is the cause 100%!