2005 Chrysler Pacifica blower will not turn off even when power is turned off on control panel, what would cause this

Asked by Mar 03, 2015 at 11:36 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Base

36,025

Do the fan speed selections still work? What speed does the fan run at when you have it switched to off? Does it run at a slow speed for only a short while then turn off? (some are designed to do that to dry the evap coils to stop mold/mildew/bacteria from growing).

Fan speed still work. If i change to feet or face for heat blower will adjust speed to whatever setting i have it on but if i turn it off the blower will blow on high.

36,025

It might be a faulty selector switch, or the resistor pack that halves the voltage to the blower motor depending on what speed setting is chosen. If you have a digital voltmeter try checking the voltage at the switch and at the blower motor leads. You'll have to pop off the trim panel to get to the back of the selector switch and usually you can gain access to the blower motor by dropping the glove box all the way down (in some models, you might also have to remove the passenger air bag, which is fairly straighforward.) good luck

40

I just got this same problem a few days ago. Fan is blowing at whatever speed I set it to but when I turn off the controls it goes to high speed. Annoying. Jrock2387 did you find a fix for this?

40

I suspect I have some sort of contact problem in the climate control system. The other day I was trying to set it and the display would blank out or be very dim (it was bright daylight and I couldn't tell). I gave the console a hard wack and the display came on and stayed on. So I surmise that there is a contact problem that is also causing my blower to be on all the time. I have no blower control, it seems to run at a high speed all the time and a higher speed when I turn off the controls. Any ideas how I might work on this?