Anyone ever have oil leaking into sparkplugs on a '99 SLS? Mechanic says botom of engine needs replaced? That just isn't making sense. HELP

220

Asked by Sep 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM about the 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS

375

You have bad valves is it smoking alot

6,275

oil on the top side of the plugs? and on the coils? If so it's only the spark plug tube seals leaking in the valve covers. Autozone part number is BVS50524R.............. $52.00 comes with valve cover gaskets, tube seals and valve cover bolt seals too.

220

re the above. I had the engine replaced to the tune of almost 6 grand.. I tried ordering an engine on line from something called "Got engine. or Southwest engine. TOTAL RIP OFF. The bottom of the replacement engine was filled with metal shavings. They replaced that engine with one that isn't the right one for my "99 SLS. I'm now waiting for a refund of my $1540. This outfit has over 300 complaints according to the Attorney General of Wisconsin. They should be shut down?? I finally found an engine locally and had it installed. ($6,000). These older Sevilles are very expensive to keep.

Had that on my 1997 cadillac seville,replaced engine.