radio and dash lights will not turn off when ignition is turned off.

100

Asked by Jan 31, 2015 at 07:53 PM about the 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL

when I shut the ignition off the radio and dash lights will stay on for over 8 mins. after I have left the vehicle.  How do I fix this?

10,540

If they stay on after you lock the car with your remote and unless they just started to stay on that long ... I suspect that it's embedded into the OBC

70,995

Try opening one of the other doors. If the lights and radio go off it's most likely the micro switch inside the driver's side door. With RAP (Retained Accessory Power) the accessories will remain powered up for 10 minutes after the key is shut off or until any door is opened. If the driver's door switch is stuck the computer doesn't "know" you've opened the door so the accessories are staying powered up until the 10 minute time out. HTH. -Jim

100

All of a sudden everything works now. The radio shuts off and dashlights turn off when I turn off ignition and open and close door. ?????

10,540

Now we lose because you don't know who helped you

100

Actually I tried both replys and neither one seemed to do anything.

100

Feb.5, 2015 Tom, Everything was working for a couple of days and then the same problem started again. It's been raining in our area and I am not sure it this would have anything to do with it.

100

Tom, Here I am again!! Here is an update: now a message comes up that the drivers door is open but pushing the menu button turns it off, the drivers window doesn't work. The radio and dash lights turn off most of the time. Any ideas? Ron

10,540

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes ... something may be retained in one of the computers registry. Also you may have a problem with water going down the in side of the drivers window

100

Tom, I sent you a reply a few days ago but it doesn't look like it registered. I disconnected the battery but that didn't help. Now the radio and dashlights will not turn off when the ignition is turned off, the door open light comes on but can be turned off by pushing menu button, the drivers door window will not work. Would water leaking on the drivers door cause all of these problems? Ron

10,540

It has to be water ... It seems to come and go with the rain/snow. Try shaking the drivers door for noise. One of my cars got enough water in it that it froze .. and I didn't hear it until the weather warmed. The solution is simple if that's the problem ... in fact car manufacturers do it all the time. The have a hole at the bottom of the door and seal it with a rubber plug that can be pulled out. Check the bottom of the door .. you may have a plug about 1" diameter. Of course water will eventually do serious damage so if it is determined to be the problem I'll check around to see what's out there

100

Tom, Slamming the door works! The window works now and everything else seems to be working but we'll see in a couple of days. There isn't a plug but there are a couple of holes at the bottom of the door that look like drain holes. Should I take the door apart and try to dry everything? Thanks for your help.

10,540

I did a little research on your car and it seems that more than 1 complaint was found about the windshield leaking down the drivers side and onto the floor. It may not be a far stretch to suspect that water could get into the door from the cable harness coming from the door hinge area

100

I'm going to take the door apart and see.

10,540

No ... I think you can get to the switches without taking the door completely apart ... gotta eat dinner so I'll check back

100

Tom, Haven't heard back from you regarding taking the door apart. The problem has returned and slamming the door doesn't work now.

100

Tom. Not sure if any of my recent responses are getting through. You were going to get back to me regarding getting to the switches without taking the door apart. Thanks, Ron

Everguard, were you able to fix this problem? My impala is having a similar issue with the dash lights and radio starting on after turning off the vehicle.

100

My problem usually happened after a hard rain. The electrical harness that goes through the door sometimes wears out and the coating on the wires can break from the door opening and closing and water can get in and causes the problem. We just waited until it dried out. Another solution from a Buick mechanic was to slam the driver's side door hard. This worked once.

10

I just purchased a 2015 buick lacrosse and I notice that when I am driving the lights on the dash board goes off and I can not see nothing on the dash board any suggestions guys?