What do you think of the 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG?

Asked by CarGurus Nov 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM about the 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG

What is so great about this car? Have you ever driven one?

Kunle Shonuga

my future baby!!!

Ranko Oaitse

she so beautiful!

Kuba Aszendorf

I love it, I've loved the previous version(which isn't much different). Better start collecting for one.

Jason Berkey

its one of the most intricately designed vehicles ever...they just keep getting better and better. it is a truly gorgeous car and who cares about the crappy gas mileage? its an AMG!

A Facebook user

this car is a great car to drive.. its very fast, sporty and fun to drive.. Its a

Vekac Vidovic

need 4 speed

Patrick Reimel

im sorry but i dont like it. I am a huge mercedes fan, and my family runs a mercedes dealer. i have always loved amg's but this just dosnt sit well with me. It is redesigned, the front end looks very aggressive. but what about the rear end which still looks very c-class to me. its horrible. sure the 63 has the quad exhaust to make even the horrible looking back end look aggressive, but then again you get that on every AMG now. It received a makeover, but stil retains interior that is cheap and ugly in comparrison to every other mercedes on the market. C63 interior: http://germancarscene.com/wp-content/uploads/c633-4-07-07.jpg http://www.roadandtrack.com/gallery.aspx?section_id=6§ion_prefix=firstdrives&webtrends_section=firstdrives&article_id=6025&window_id=1&gallery_id=775&page_number=1&seq=10&slide=on&cnt=79 E63 interior: http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/a/u/ag_07e63_interior.jpg CLK63 interior: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2618918428_f622d766b1.jpg Did anybody ever consider maybe the CLK63(not the black series). yes they made a conv clk63. it holds a similar MSRP a bit steeper. but well worth it. The car is packed with the same motor, nicer interior. better suspension. and in my opinion it looks 10 times sexier. Now you may argue that you want a 4 door. ok. how about an E63? the MSRP is $10000 higher, but the car is actually .1 sec faster in the 0 - 62. it has more power, looks better, more respectable, better suspension, and again, much nicer interior. and yes i think the e63 looks better all around than the C. bottom line is, an MSRP price of $72,000 for a c class seems a bit steep. granted its a great car. but there are better cars in the same price range from the same company. The C class is and always will be the bottom of the barrell mercedes. which is why there is NO WAY i would spend 70+ grand on a C63. because at the end of the day youre still driving a C class with a big boy engine. Sorry.

Yanal F. Azar

Danijel Brkic

Liz C

gorgeous. aggressive styling, muscular, yet clean and compact. would drive this any day :)

Simon Blade

Aleksandar Elenkov

i think it is perfect especialy the noise that car makes.it is amezing.i`ll drive it 24h a day.and i love merc`s

Richi Beerling

how sxy is this

Evan Gilbert

Na, its just another automatic merc that cant find its way around a track to save its life...Mercs are for fat old bald rich guys that know nothing about cars...buy a bimmer...a true driver's car

Ben Manley

Well Evan, you obviously don't know much about cars. Have you driven the C63, it is a beast of a car, it explodes off the line, it is faster in a straight line than the Beemer M3, it is more practical, as there is more room in the back, boot and front for comfort, it looks cooler than the M3, which looks the same as the old one, you are right about the fact that it is automatic, but lets see Beemer produce an entire line of 400+bhp cars that make the cars they come up against look like shit, If these mercs are just for old men who don't know anything about cars, why does Formula One use both the E63 stationwagon and the SL63 for their safety cars. If you want a car that is unlike anything that has come out of both mercedes and beemer, look at the new SL63 Black edition its insane.

Waseem Telawi

Fire :)

Mohamed Hassan

Soulayma Bellil

Speedy & Great to drive it's really gorgeous car AMG!!!

Tom Maras

I am a Bimmer guy but this thing is insane...our friends over at Bavarian MotorWorks just got slapped silly...M3? M5? M6? Bring'em all on...this 60K car will whip'em all...

Patrick Reimel

M3 yes. but not M5 or M6. but thats a dif price range.

Derek Matzeg

German Cars Are Fast

Derek Matzeg

Scott Simpson

I have to sit here and look at one of these beasts all day long, it's torture!

Rehma Pasha

out class......

Andrew Polechko

this is da bomb

Matt Sluetz

Takes it Down

Subhadeep Bose

one angry car

Andres Camargo

İbrahim Yapıcı

so stunning..

Hsn Al-amawi

ford mostaing is my best car... 7sn amawi

A Facebook user

Martin Christersson

i test drove this exact model, the gears are really damn responsive and the roar that comes out of this engine is out of this world, to drive this car is to feel glued to the road and into the seat aswell, you feel pinned down into the seat and you now have a grim powered V8 at your command and there is only one word i can describe this car with; Amazing! I wouldn't mind to actualy own one myself some day!

Daniel Rube

wawa wi wa

Kev Arblaster

Now thats a car and a half!!!

Richard Duffy

if ur looking 2 buy german this is the one... bt who goes german wen u got FORD!!!!!

Michael Baraga

Sweeeet...BMW's are for girly men...

Bryan Lee

ABOSOULTE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravish Yellanki

merc is 4 men !

Muhsen Alkurdi

just mercedes benz

Muhsen Alkurdi

my dream car mercedes

Dev Parekh

i think its a beautiful car that is my furture car 99.9% the other 1% is going to buy a.....

Charl Van Eeden

This is a amzing car

Yonathan Widjaja

I test drove IS-F and M3 before I bought my C63...I am a BMW fans, but I prefer the E46 M3 compares to E92 or E90 M3...and about track, I dont spend my 360 days out of 365 days in a year on the race-track... oh btw, I am also a Torque freak...which M3 lack of...hopefully the new Twin Turbo M3 will be MUCH better!

Joon Lee

Nice design...way better than previous model. C-pillar is looking too much like Japanese models... Merc used to have beefy thick C-pillars..they are selling out..WHERE IS THE ORIGINALITY? But I'll stop here. Performance? it's a monster. handling? you gotta be kidding me..it's all over the place. It's not as precise as an M3 or even an 335. If you hate Bimmers like I do, go drive an RS4.. great performance, handling, bit shy on design.

Zia Kurtha

A beautiful beast!

Žiga Hudournik

its a great car (well its an amg what did you expect) BUT its hell to drive without the esp, on every slightly damp corner the esp warning light comes on, it gave me the feeling that without it id probably be in the dich somewhere. and even on a dry road it has trouble putting all that power down (esp off), but its a big, brute of an engine and the noise it makes makes up for everything thats wrong with it

It's 9 out of 10 overalls.. unique sound of those twin duals exhaust note, raw PowerPoint an N/A hence beats the M3 round the track

Also in my area, the Merc seems to represent bosses n the BM more towards managerial level,, sorta...