heater core problems

Asked by Dec 06, 2013 at 05:31 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring S Package

I have had my car in to 2 different repair shops for blowing cold air. The first shop replaced
the thermostat, back flushed the heating core, replaced antifreeze, and reset the control
panel (delay) for heat. very little or no heat and then it went cold. So the 2nd repair shop
back flushed the heating core, reset the panel and thought they had the problems fixed.
Less than 5 miles down the road the cold air came again... they said my a/c was staying
The 2 hoses that lead to the heater core (one hot/one is cold), I smell something when I
turn on the defrost. Control panel reset. Still no warm air!!! I was told the heater core most
likely needs replaced. I have spent so much $ so far to have it fixed and I am getting so

If one hose going into your heater core is hot and the other is cold your heater core is stopped up. Unless your model has a valve in one of the heater core hoses that lets or stops the flow of hot coolant into it. And if you have one with valve in the hose you would probably have to cold hoses right at the heater core. I think yours is stopped up

That is correct a heater core will have a supply and a return line so they both will be hot if the heater core is working properly , I am having the same issues myself with this 2004 pacifica except I am doing all of the work myself and still have not figured it out .

Check the oil cooler just replaced the thermostat and heater core still no heat found oil cooler at oil filter clogged replaced cooler problem solved

As what sporty05 said. I had the same problem. Repair shop could not find the problem. I traced it right to the oil cooler. Made a bypass loop and had heat. Now ordering a new cooler.

What nobody is talking about is that there is a oil cooler that gets clogged , and stops the flow of coolant .this cooler is located on top of the oil filter ,when this cooler gets clogged u will have no heat because the coolant circulation stops , u will have one hot heater core hose and one cold but your heater core wil not be clogged

What causes the oil cooler to clog,, the radiator and coolant are both clean??? 11-12-17 A timely reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

I flushed the oil cooler 3x replaced coolant and flushed system, and I'm still having problems with the cars heat it has over 125000 miles it might be the type of coolant I'm using witch is the recommend brand. Everytime I flush oil cooler I have good heat I might have to switch coolant brand or find additive to help flow