Can anybody out there in CarGurus land identify these rims????

2,475

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 10:20 PM about the 1964 Ford Mustang Standard Coupe

I've got a 64.5 mustang, and when i took off the rear hub caps, i found these wheels on it. There 14", but never have i seen them before, there not GM,FORD,CHRYSLERS, maybe AMC, but in all the years, i've never seen these before. Can some one help me, i'm stumped!!!!!!

20,535

looks like something from the 40,s guide pin holes ,may be early car or a trailer of some make, ,

24,785

Something that fugly could only come from the 1970s... did some checking and believe those might be Datsun rims, off a 240 or 280Z circa early to mid 70's. Apparently they fit the bolt pattern for early Mustangs. There was a thing back in the 1970's in using Datsun wheels to get the mag look for the 4-bolt pattern 6-cylinder Mustangs, as mag wheels were typically 5-bolt pattern. I suppose if you really have to know what these are, throw 240/280Z's into the mix, maybe you'll find a vintage photo of one and can confirm it.

2,475

Thank you both for the answers, I i'm thinking thats what they could be,old Datsuns rims. I'll check into that, and let you guys know what i come up with.

2,475

I've looked at all the datsons, models of that time period,and nothing, and it's not a AMC either??????, maybe mazda, or eailerer toyota's,. But i'm still looking!!!!!