Is there any way to find out if my '72 Mustang still exists or if it has been totally junked? We traded it in for a mini van when we were expecting our 2nd child. I still have dreams about that car, and see myself in it! I :LOVED that car, and I still have a set of keys to it!

Asked by Oct 04, 2012 at 05:32 PM about the 1972 Ford Mustang

My car was lime green. It was trade it at a dodge dealership in Greenvillle, SC.

395

IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY PAPERWORK WITH THE CAR'S VIN YOU CAN RUN IT THRU CARFAX OR AUTOCHECK. THIS WILL TELL YOU IF THE CAR IS STILL TITLED AND WHERE IT MIGHT BE LOCATED.

55

Start by going to or calling the dealershilp. They file paperwork on every trade they take and every sale they make. How long ago did you trade it in? Are we talking about 5, 10, 20 years? Ford made thousands of green '72 Mustangs. You're never going to track it down without the VIN. As long as it wasn't wrecked, chances are that it still exists, though likely not near the condition it was when you traded it in. It has more than likely traded hands many times. But never give up. Follow whatever paper trail and word of mouth you come across. It took me 5 years of searching to track down my grandpa's old motorcycle that he sold when I was a kid. I wore the spare key on a neclace for years testing it out on every bike that looked right. It pays off in the end.

Oh Thank You!!! I probably still have EVERY registration card I ever had! I just didn't know how to start looking for the information.. My cousin was in the Navy and being shipped out to Spain, and he wanted $200 and take over payments of $107.95! I drove that car for 14 years and cried like a baby when we traded it for a mini van! I told them they could have the spare keys, but I would NEVER let go of the set on my key ring. I guess they felt sorry for a very pregnant woman crying over a car! THANK YOU!!!