high r.p.m

Asked by Apr 18, 2009 at 05:46 PM about the 1994 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

what causes my rpm to get up to 3,000 when i go 70mph what can be wrong it shifts great in all gears but the rpm is high in all most every gear to a certian point. also does my disco have two factory amps or just one in the back?

35

i don't know about the 94 but i can only find one amp in the back of the 96 and it's in the rear door ... the other one is by the passager kicker panel ... and mine dose the same at that speed ... i think it's the gear range that the disco's have ... if i'm wrong some one tell me so i can take the other amp out ... i got the two i found out of there

25

my 96 auto 3.9v8 sits at 1800 rpm at 70 mph, feels like it has over drive though. revs drop after 60 mph.

55

either overdrive is on or needs to check the auto clutch.

25

does it have over drive? id check with another owner and see if 3000 pm is the norm or deos it run lower at 70. my disco does a silent change after 65. speed goes up but revs stay under 3000 rpm . only time i need to go over 3000 is with kick down then the needle hits 3800 or 4000 but im doing 90+ by then. thats when my 24 mpg are no longer. :)