How can I determine whether continuing issues with car are result of repairs already made?

Asked by May 02, 2012 at 08:49 PM about the 2004 Land Rover Discovery

Recent service included valve covers and plenum gasket, cooler unit replacement, o2 sensor, I asked if
they would be near spark plugs...if so change now, Done. Car returned with coolant leak, a fan that hits
something and clanks, backfires big time, seems to be a fluttering under the car, and a high pitched
whine like a jet engine just behind dash. 2k for repairs and I took it back with complaints. Told a fan
blade broke and I would need to replace for 400.00. Uploaded ECM and returned to me in worse
condition. Do I need to pay for more repairs? Should all this be involved with work already done?

12,465

If you are 100% certain that they messed your car up and you have all the documents of the repair. I would stop payment of check. Or tell credit card company of problem. If you paid cash tell them you will go to BBB and get a lawyer if need be. Do not pay them for extra work that they caused you to need. Be very firm with them that you will not stand for being ripped off. When this happens garages hope that you will just go away.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I will be going tomorrow and conveying the message. If you worked on it and broke it, you will fix it.