gas pump went bad , replaced it for a new gas pump ,car will turn on but after 5 seconds will turn off check gas filter and was replaced to air filter was replaced too but still doing the same thing ...somebody any Idea what could be the problem??/

Asked by Mar 07, 2012 at 10:36 PM about the 1998 Buick Regal 4 Dr GS Supercharged Sedan

25

if it starts for a few seconds and shuts off sounds like a security problem.

135

Security or Short at Pump. Disconnect Battery. Check were U were working. Get a check of Trouble Codes if it does same thing after checking work. Did U install a New or Used Gas Pump? May not be compatable with your Car. Take back to where U bought it & take VIN to be sure U get the RIGHT Fuel Pump,

135

did you purge the schrader valve? open it up turn it over until you get a steady mist of fuel could have air lock

35

You have a two speed fuel pump and a resistor attached to the frame close to the right front wheel. this resistor had a Canadian recall.But not in the USA.This resistor is subjected to every adverse condition that your tires can throw at it. It has to be replaced and remounted on the firewall. replace resistor and pump will work just fine. How do i know ? been there!