Changed the batteries in our keys, now the auto unlock does not work.

110

Asked by Aug 21, 2013 at 09:37 AM about the 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

My husband changed the batteries in our keys and now the auto unlock buttons will
not work. He used the same type of battery and it only unlocked twice and then
stopped working. The lock features unlock if you are inside the 2006 Town and
Country mini van.

think perhaps you've gotten "NEW" old stock on the batteries...disassemble and test the battery....of course there are NO RETURNS on electrical goods, so get yourself some NEW batteries from a place that has a high-turnover of product----Amazon is hit-or-miss with these type of things...perhaps frys electronics?...the dealership?

27,975

The key fob may need to be reprogrammed / sycned to work properly. I would check your owners manual or the key was not reassymbled correctly.

7,485

that is mostly stored in the bcm or it could also be in the overhead settings, check above aka compass/trip meter. Otherwise use of the DRBIII from Chrysler will need to be recalibrated

110

New Batteries were checked and had full power before inserting. The keys start the vehicle with no problems. Having both sets in the vehicle running, using the other set, the doors will lock/unlock no problem. Both sets have been tested this way and work. Only out of the vehicle will the remotes not work.

7,485

Maybe the receiver is failing. This is a factory system right and not an aftermarket remote start add on?

110

Factory. Remotes did work before changing batteries. If both sets of keys were in vehicle and one was used to start vehicle, the other remote would work. The Magic Chrysler Faires arrived at some point and did whatever they do (like Gremlins). 3 days the remotes would not work with the vehicle off and now both of them do. I have no solution for the fix. We did nothing so I'll chalk this up to Magic.

7,485

LOL I hear ya on that, happens alot.

30

I have a 2010 Town & Country my key fob stops working from time to time. The problem in my case the fob is not air tight and the round target like connections get a light film that does not allow good contact. Also make sure that all 4 contacts on the circuit board are making contact with the battery. When replacing battery you may of flattened one of the contacts. I just cleaned the contacts and the Fob is working fine. I also bought a Fob from Ebay for 14 dollars and put my old circuit board in the new fob because the small silver disks on the panel were coming off. Anyway these suggestions worked for me and i saved 300 bucks.

20

need to reprogram my remote, changed the battery it had stopped working. Now new battery will not work also. Please help I can't find the link to reprogram fob for 2012. I have factory fob that is working.