my 2002 Chrysler Town & Country mini van over heats.. I bought it two weeks ago from a guy that said it never had any problems..YEAH RIGHT! it overheated on me twice, each time I put coolant into it. yesterday I was pouring coolant into the coolant tank or whatever its called and I poured water into the radiator.. as I was pouring the water I heard water hitting the ground so I looked under the vehicle to find out that a stream of coolant mixed with water was coming from under the van, but not from the radiator. scared the heck out of me so I shut it off and haven't moved it since.i got someone to look at it and they said it was the water pump.. but someone else told me it could be the head gasket :(both sound like really spendy fixes and i am on a fixed income.. please help :(

Asked by Sep 23, 2014 at 02:42 PM about the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country LXi

4,375

look to see if you can find the leak. it could be something as simple as a bad hose. if not water pump sounds like the culprit can be expensive depending on where you go. if its the head gasket its more expensive to replace. regardless place a catch pan under your car and make sure any pets/ animals in the area stay away from the coolant is toxic for pets if ingested

85

If it's the water pump.you'll see it leaking passenger side where door and fender meet