i have a 2000 chrysler lhs it was at a shop had radiator and thermostat replaced after driving it and good 4+ miles it over heats starts steaming out the coolant tank fans turn someone help me

10

Asked by Jun 12, 2012 at 09:04 AM about the 2001 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

i have a 2000 chrysler lhs it was at a shop had  radiator and thermostat replaced after driving it and good 4+
miles it over heats  starts  steaming out the coolant tank  fans turn its like it gets air in the system one shop
said  its rare and highly unlikely that the head gasket  blows out and lets hot compressed air in to the coolant
system while keeping coolant out of the oil or exhaust   i had it in a shop to make sure the coolant system was
purged of any air in the system  and it still overheats  the heater sometimes will turn cold but not all the time it
runs great it dont sound bad while running but it overheats boiling the coolant out so can someone please help
me the car is my dads and hes elderly and needs his car working properly soon   

263,995

Is the cap on the radiator new as well, and the proper one, (correctly rated pressure)?

10

yes the cap is located on the overflow tank its a what they call a sealed system

135

i own one as well and i haven't had any problems except for putting a lot of money into it to get it back the way it is supposed to be after buying it off a guy from craigslist but i work on it myself and i love it. if you have any questions about anything about it e-mail me at hobbozombie@hotmail.com

10

Sorry to hear about your car problems, I am having the same issues. I have replaced the water pump, timing assembly, belt, and hydrolic tensioner, the ac belt, serpentine belt, thermostat, radiator, overflow tank and cap, upper radiator hose, two diagnostic checks done by two different companies.A local well known and dependable company did the first diagnostic check, and Firestone did the second. Lastly I had a pressure test done that held for over two hours without leaking. Because the pressure test held and there is no water in my oil or oil in my water and it is not smoking I don't believe that I have a blown head gasket. Firestone seems to be stumped as well and say that they think it may be a blown gasket, but I have gotten other opinions and they believe as I do that its not a head problem.The other suggestions I have gotten are air in the system or a bad thermostat. Please if you have any other info about yours can you share it with me. I suggest you don't spend a bunch of money as I have until you are sure what the problem is.

10

The way you describe driving 4+ miles before overheating is exactly the way my 2000 lhs does, so I believe if one of us figures out the problem it will solve it for both of us.