electrical issue please help crank!! no start

15

Asked by Feb 28, 2014 at 08:39 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Town & Country LX

I have a 2000 t&c 3.3ffv I was fixing some leaky hoses behind the alternator and I forgot to disconnect the ground. I shorted the positive wire on the alternator with the nut on a breaded ground from engine to firewall with a wrench and fried my ecm. bought a new one and now its cranking but no start, when i turn the key i hear two clicks from relays that sound normal as you swich from acc to run. instrument cluster lights and mileage appear normal. Took it to the dealership and they said the ecm wasn't getting power to f87 any help would be much appreciated, thanks

60

You need to go to the basic find out what fuse that is link the problem im going to say spark plugs have no power. Than if its not sparking thats your answer work off that and check everything thays linked to it.

Power distribution box under hood big orange or green maxi fuse maked main

Marked**

F87 is a fuse

15

thanks johnny, ill give it a shot and tom I dont see any fuses like that anywhere it has those female type fuses with clear plastic on top and none of them are blown. I dont think it was protected where this happened. also i should add that the fuel pump is not being turned on when i turn the key either

315

I would check all fuses under dash then check your fusible links under the hood. Sometimes they are hard to find so its best to do some research on the internet first.