99 Chyrsler Town & Country won't start, why?

Asked by Apr 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM about the 1999 Chrysler Town & Country Limited

I Have a 99 Chrysler Town & Country. It has been running fine came home other and turned it off as normal and when I went to crank it up the next morning acted as if it wanted to start but didn't. If I let it set for a couple of minutes it would do the same. I checked for spark & only had spark on the # 1 wire for a couple of revolutions & then none. I was told it was a crank shaft sensor so I replace it. Still won't start. Then I had it towed to a local repair shop since I am out of town and after paying them $215.00 for diagnostics they told me it was the PMC. So I ordered one and yes I gave them all the information so they could program the PMC so all I had to do is put it in and go. But it did the same thing. I replaced 1 relay that was cracked. and the fuel pump is coming on and the relays are clicking like they are suppose to. Dose anyone have any suggestions?

175

charge your battery and check to see if your alternator is charging if charging the battery works

the alternator is working properly

50

the problem is with the alarm system. for some reason the car thinks it is being stolen so will start for second then die like out of gas. 2 or 3 tries and the system locks out no start no click nothing. common problem with this van. the way to know if it is the problem is the bottom set of gauges and fuel gauge don't read. no P R N D L or total mileage showing at the time you try to start. that is the sign it is the lock out anti thief. why it does it is not know for sure but don't replace a lot of stuff till you try it few days later. it may have to do if you park it in the sun or if you lock the car with your keys from the back of the van. then i have had the problem . the remote has not worked for 6 months. and the door locks act funny when you try to open the door all doors with the keys. but it seem that mostly it goes away a few hours later. and if you disconnect the battery for like 10 min it has helped but . try locking and unlocking the car from the remote the back door and etc. sorry that is how i fix mine when it does it. free and cheap.

40

I just put a used transmisson in it ran then it wont do noting

my van dies out when I am in a traffic jam. I thought it was the relay.... on a whim, I primed the fuel pump, key on/off three times then cranked it, it started right up. It tried to stall again at the next traffic jam, I shifted "N" then "D"... until the traffic jam cleared. It was smooth sailing from then on.

10

Don't laugh but I can tell you something that alot of town and country users told me , I tried it and it really works! Smack the dash right behind the steering wheel, most have a short in the dash

IT is the instrument cluster. The sodier cracks.