2006 2.4l Sebring convertible overheating boiling in overflow

10

Asked by Jul 24, 2015 at 07:39 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Sebring Base Convertible

Hello,
I have a Sebring that had a water pump go,dead.  So I replaced the pump and timing
belt.  After that it started boiling back into the overflow, so a new thermostat and radiator
cap.  Still doing it so I bought a block tester and tried that but it stayed blue in color so I
checked the fans and they are spinning but I'm not sure if they are right.  Anyone know
the proper voltage they should be at the plug and if the car is boiling over it seems like
the fans would be at max speed but I can barely hear them.  I replaced the thermostat
switch anyways to see if that made a difference and it is still spitting up in the overflow, I
have also tried refilling the system with the bleeder in and out and the car running and
just sitting.  I'm loosing my mind....

17,650

After water pump was replaced was air bleed out of the cooling system?

10

I opened the bleeder and filled it untill fluid came out solid stream. Then closed the bleeder and filled up the rest of the system. Also, the left fan blows when I turn the a/c on but I don't feel any air from the right one. Does one fan blow forward and the other backwards. I switched the plugs and I can still only feel the left one blowing. Facing the front of the car the left fan.

17,650

When you turn on your A.C both fans should come on check relay and fuses to A.C fan. Where do you add anti freeze in the over flow tank or does it have a radiator cap ?

10

It has a cap on the engine above the thermostat, not one on the radiator like a traditional vehicle. 2.4l Chrysler, it's actually a Mitsubishi motor. Do you know if both fan blow the same direction?

17,650

They both should be pulling air in towards the motor.

17,650

Give this a try Google how to remove or bleed air from cooling system on the year, make and model of your vehicle it may take you to a site or video on how to correctly remove air from cooling system.