Turn signals don't work.

10

Asked by Jan 12, 2013 at 04:29 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS

Fuse has been replaced. Lamps OK. Turn signals don"t work, front or rear. Is this something simple or do I need
to take it to a mechanic?

108,845

Can you hear the signal relay ticking under the dash when you turn them on? If not check into replacing it. If you can hear it I would check for voltage at the light sockets using frame as a ground . If it blinks your meter then check ground circuit.

96,205

Turn on the 4 way flashers and look (and feel) under the dash for the flasher unit that is clicking. Once you find it, now look for another just like it. Most often they are next to the steering column, clipped to part of the dash frame. Sometimes, they are in the fuseblock itself. Once you find the other one, switch them and you will have flasher and no 4 ways until you can buy a new one and replace the bad one.

10

Thanks for the suggestions!

2001 chey Cavalier My flasher work, but no turn singles, the turn single lights on dash does not come on, no clicking sound either