1995 chevy cavalier turn signals on but not blinking

Asked by Jun 01, 2011 at 01:17 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier

hello i have a 1995 chevy cavalier and everythings fine except the turn signals dont work, (this is a common problem apparently) i checked the fuses, bulbs n all that and the hazards seem to work no problem, so i heard it could be my blinker relay or my flasher, so i replaced the flasher as much of a pain as it was, and now the turn lights stay on but dont blink even when i move the switch up n down, does anyone have any ideas? could it be the actual turn light switch itself? if so ive heard of 2 ways of how to replace it, one of them is taking off the airbag and steering wheel and then the housing then finally disconnect the switch, then i heard of another way where u pop off the housing with a screwdriver or something...., the second way sounds much easier but i am so lost and confused i dont even know if thats gonna fix it can someone please point me in the right direction ive followed up with similar questions but it seems no one has posted my exact problem please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

445

probably a short in the multi function swith (blinker switch)