Why don't the turn signals work for a 1991 Chevy Cavalier?

Asked by May 30, 2015 at 11:10 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL Coupe

My Hazards work but I have no turn signals. It is not the turn signal switch, I replaced it
and still no turn signals. Before the turn signals stop working, they started to blink really
slow. Is there a directional relay? If so, where is it? Or what else could be the problem?

10

I know it's a simple answer but it is a possibility that one of your parking lights or running lights that are turned on bythe activation of the switch could be burned out thus causing the fast blinking.

80

You might also want to change your turn flasher relay; it's also what you hear inside the car when you turn your blinker on. It looks like a little metal can on your fuse block.

20,735

sounds like the flasher to a dump..common for them to slow down first before they give up..also there are several types of flashes that will work in/for your car...slow, med.fast,quiet,load.....