AC on driver heat on passenger

Asked by Jun 17, 2016 at 08:36 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caravan SXT

I had this problem 2013 Dodge caravan of AC on
driver side while the passenger side blows heat.  I
tried all the recommendations  through out this
thread but the only thing that works was resetting
the dials by moving them simultaneously from
cold to hot and back again several times while the
car is on.  I had to do the same thing for the back
control.

Try this first.  Good luck.

I had this problem with my 2013 Dodge caravan of AC on driver side while the passenger side blows heat. I tried all the recommendations through out this thread but the only thing that works was resetting the dials by moving them simultaneously from cold to hot and back again several times while the car is on. I had to do the same thing for the back control. Try this first. Good luck.

Tried it on my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan... didn't work. Our problem is like many: heat coming out of passenger side while cool from drivers side. I will talk to my local dealer BUT expecting they will say nothing is covered as vehicle has 83,000 miles.

In some cases, if you live in a highly abrasive dusty environment or area where lots of trees with small pine needles, small leaves, seed pods, bird droppings (park under a tree liked by bird flocks) and any airborne krap that can clog the vents above the hood. If you were to dissaemble the black hood vent and clean out what is underneath, you might be surprised at the "mush" that has formed hidden from eyesifght that maybe blocking a screen or filter grid or may even be blocking controls. If you car is garaged from new and never exposed to outdoor flim-flam much, then you could look elsewhere. Older vans 1996 - 2007 mostly had 'slider' controls for separate heat controls and I gues 2008-current have rotary dials. Whether they operate mechanically, by vacuum, or by electric motor, one need to ask techs, dealer or private. 95 or older caravans for sure used vacuum controls that when vacuum hoses (very small) break or the fittings crumble, then the dash controls are useless and the control is stuck where it was unless a spring some where pulls it back to default position. If older vans give no heat, no heat at all, then 'thermostat is usually broken and needs replacement. Engine is likely never fully warming up too, especially in cold weather...definitely do that cheap fix first. If you do and no improvement is noted, then look at the more complex under dash damper door modulating system. No heat or no cooling issues in much newer van are issue that require some research and a willing to get to where the controls are located behind the dash and observe op/non op condition of what ever power source motives the damper doors to move, and to whether or not the damppers are stuck or sticky with grease, plant sap decaying rubber seals or similar or if the power source i.e. motor, rod or vacuum controls are the problem