sputtering and stalling out

Asked by Mar 13, 2014 at 10:25 PM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC2 Coupe

when  i crank it up its fine until a mile or so down the rd like once it has warmed up a
lil, it starts sputtering for a second or two. When i come to a complete stop and start to
go again it acts like it wants to die out. It didn't do any of this until after i changed the
above things - the semi tune up - Checked for vaccume leaks but didn't seem to find
any. A friend told me to spray some carborator cleaner or something like that on it just
in case there's a leak down in the there that we aren't noticing.  Do you think that all
this has something to do with spark plug wires crossed or maybe dirt being on the
plugs when they were put on cuz it ran fine until a buddy did this semi tune up for me.  
Please help cuz i don't wanna mess my car up by driving it under these conditions.

I would try the obd II diagnostic it will give you a few reading that will tell you where to look in general.

If this all started after you replaced the spark plugs I would check there first. I did a lot of investigating and I kept hearing you should only put in a certain type of plug into the saturn, I believe it was an NGK but don't hold me to that. Do you have any codes? Get them read. Don't panic if you get a lot of errors showing up you just have to find the one that is causing all the problems and they will all go a way. My problem was with the crank sensor if it hasn't been changed in a while you may want to start there. And clean the throttle body that can cause a lot of problems too.