when i open my door the is a funny ticking noise coming from under the center consel beneath the e break

Asked by Jun 11, 2007 at 09:56 PM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

i have a 93 sc2 and when i open the door the ia a funny ticking noise coming from the center consell beneath the e break. its pretty loud and only happens when i open my doors. i have know idea wat it could be. Can u help me ?

23,390

Maybe I am watching too many Soprano episodes but do you have any enemies Davie? Seriously I have no idea on this one. You need to talk to your Saturn service manager. He's the guy who would have the best shot at scoping this out. Good luck!

It's your automatic seatbelt controller. You've probably put drinks next to your e-brake and they've leaked down into it shorting it out. You'll have to take the plastic cover off of the center console, disconnect the little black box, remove the board and clean it with some type of electronics cleaner. Then put it back in the box and button everything up. It wouldn't hurt to put something over the controller box to prevent this from happening again. If there's no evidence of liquid getting into the controller, you'll need to buy another or just disconnect the thing. Just make sure your belts are in the locked position before you disconnect it.